Commitment to Privacy
WeatherAlpha is committed to providing access to services and information online in a manner that respects and protects your privacy. This statement describes our information collection practices and explains how we use and protect your personal information. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collective use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of this Site. We use your personal information only for providing and improving this Site. By using this Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
This statement applies only to information collected by this website. It does not apply to information collected offline; surveys or research studies conducted by other means; or other information. We are the sole owners of all information collected on this Site.
What we collect and why
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Your login information. Login information is used to determine whether or not you are authorized to use specific services. Login information / passwords are not stored
- Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily. This includes information such as contact information that allows us to respond to your requests; preferred email or shipping address; the information you provide in online web forms (e.g., application forms, registration forms, survey forms, etc.)
This information is used to respond to your requests, communicate with you, provide you with better service and as agreed upon in any survey or research study. We may combine this information with information from previous visits to provide you with added convenience in using our products and services.
- Auto-collected information (web logs). Our web server automatically recognizes the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our website, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visited on our site, as well as information automatically forwarded by your browser. This information is used to help us understand aggregate uses of our site, track usage trends, and improve our services. Web logs may also be used for system problem monitoring and maintenance. This information is retained on a temporary basis and then deleted completely from our system.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information. You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Cookies are small text files that many websites transfer to users’ hard drives to enable the site to deliver personalized services or to provide persistent authentication. The information contained in a cookie typically includes information collected automatically by the web server and/or information provided voluntarily by the user. The user controls, via the computer’s operating system, whether cookies will be accepted and, if so, how they will be handled.
Our office is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the information collected online. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with third parties except
- As required by law,
- As necessary to protect WeathAlpha’s interests,
- With service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- In instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other websites not affiliated with our office. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other sites for assurance that their practices safeguard your privacy.
Children under 13
This website is intended for use by people aged 13 or older. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and will post the changes on this web page. Your continued use of our site after we post any modifications or updates to our privacy statement on this page will constitute your acknowledgement of the updates or modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified or updated policy statement.
We welcome WeatherAlpha suggestions and questions about our privacy statement. Please send them to email@example.com.